THE RIDE: To spread the word about what it means to operate an environmentally sustainable brewery, since our very first year, we've been delivering the the very first PEDAL PALE ALE kegs of the season to a local tap-spot in a very unique way....BY BICYCLE.
On Saturday Morning, April 27th, 2013, we'll set off with a few kegs and about 650 of our GOOD FRIENDS in tow to a mystery destination some place in Pittsburgh that ordered some beer. The trip will be slow, meandering, and maybe a little surprising - especially the secret destination.
CAN I BUY YOU A BEER? For everyone that rides, your first beer is on me. The more riders, the more beer we have to pull... but we'll worry about that part.
NEW/NOT SO NEW THIS YEAR:
- We're starting at our new, fully operational brewing home, 147 Julius St. in Larimer.
- Ridership is capped at 650 and we're eliminating day-of registration and waiver-signing as much as possible to keep the lines short!
- When you register, you'll see an option to buy a limited run, KegRide tshirt, designed and printed by our long-time pals at CommonwealthPress. 100% of the proceeds go to our charities as well... so BUY ONE! Deadline for adding a t-shirt to your registration is April 12, 2013.
- You'll get to enjoy that first taste of Pedal Pale Ale in a souvenir East End Brewing Pint Glass that you can take home.
- Plan on doing the Reverse Keg Ride on Novermer 2nd as well? Shortly, we'll have a "Round Trip Keg Ride" registration option in place so you can sign up for both, and save a few bucks too!
- PULL A KEG! Yes, you can have the honor of riding at the front of the pack, and scoring one of the very first glasses of PEDAL PALE ALE served this season. Of course, you'll need to work for it - and pay for it too. But again, it all goes to charity. For the tidy sum of $250, you can guarantee a slot at the head of the pack. Just drop an email toSeth, and the first person to make payment - credit card, check, unmarked bills, gold bullion (Seth's words, not mine.) - gets to pull a keg to our undisclosed location. No, we still won't tell you where we're riding, but at least you'll learn first!
<<INSERT DESTINATION HINT HERE ...wait for it. >>
- Date: Saturday, April 27th, 2013
- Time: 9:30-10:30am sign-in, 11am departure, arrival at Desination likely between 12 and 1pm
- Starting Point: East End Brewing Co. 147 Julius St. Pgh, Pa 15206 Destination: You've gotta ride to find out!
- Distance: 6-10 miles Pace: Gentle, slow. Remember that part about people pulling a keg?
- Return trip: Sorry folks, you're on your own.
- Registration: Early Bird = $20, Regular = $25, Round Trip = $XX Hmm.....when does Early Bird pricing end? That's a mystery, so sign up now before the price goes up.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!