Another round of good news.
1) Thanks to Julianna White of Fine Citizens, our brand new Tour of Franklinton website is live!
2) 30 hay bales arrives yesterday to protect riders from street poles and other dangerous course impediments. After the race, many of the hay bales will be donated to Franklinton Gardens.
3) Make sure you check out the May 30 Weekender section of the Columbus Dispatch. Thanks Amy, I look forward to reading your article.
4) The event is still in need of volunteers. If you know someone that has a couple of hours to spare, we could use the help. Course marshals, set up in the a.m, tear down in the p.m. - all easy and fun jobs. Coffee in the morning and Piada for lunch - What's not to like?
5) I'm excited to announce J from Tenspeeds Productions will be our race announcer! He's got a extensive background in cycling and will help keep the event flowing smoothly while educating the crowd on the action. Thanks to Groove U for providing the sounds system. For those that don't know Groove U, they're a 2-year music career program in town focused on raising the next generation of producers, promoters and music advocates.
6) B1 Bicycles is not only a category sponsor, Casey is going to be in the wheel pit helping racers with mechanical issues, swap out flat tires and assist with any other issue. He's a great dude running a great shop downtown - make sure you check him out.
7) RoadID came on board as sponsor and provided our race numbers and some podium prizes. Never ride without one.
8) I made a quick time-lapse video of our Tuesday Night Crit Practice held at an OSU parking lot near the Schott. Kind of a fun way to peek in on the cycling community in Cbus.
Thanks again for the support.
June 2 is going to be here quick!!
Tour of Franklinton Poobah
Team SixOneFour Sponsorship Director
Race Course - http://www.runningmap.com/?id=527433