The movement for biking and walking is led by passionate advocates and dedicated individuals at the state and local level. Advocacy Advance boosts those critical efforts by providing the tools, funding and expertise to increase biking and walking across North America. Get involved in this dynamic partnership to transform your community into a great place to bike and walk.
About Advocacy Advance
Advocacy Advance is a dynamic partnership of the Alliance for Biking & Walking and the League of American Bicyclists to boost local and state bicycle and pedestrian advocacy efforts. With support from SRAM, Advocacy Advance provides targeted trainings, reports, grants and assistance to equip advocates with the specific tools they need to increase biking and walking in their communities.
In 2009 and 2010, the League created critical research reports and provided direct assistance to advocates who used that information to take action. The Alliance awarded more than $500,000 in direct grants, scholarships and technical assistance to build the movement and jumpstart new campaigns across the nation.
In 2011, Advocacy Advance will continue with renewed focus and ambitious goals to:
- Double federal funding for biking and walking projects
- Unleash new funding streams on the state and local level
- Boost the capacity of advocates to draw down these critical dollars
Get involved in this powerful initiative to improve biking and walking in your community.
- Attend a Training
- Access new and targeted Resources
- Learn about Advocacy Advance Grants
- Take Action in the latest campaigns
- Read our Blog and other media for more about our progress