Loud Bicycle | Car horn for bikes
We want biking on roads to be safer
Cycling on roads can be frightening and dangerous. This horn prevents accidents by alerting motorists with a familiar sound, and gives more people the confidence to travel by bike.
Why does it work?
Drivers react to car horns before they even look. A driver that gets beeped at while backing out of a driveway, or entering traffic will immediately brake. These kinds of reflexive reactions are perfect to keep cyclists safe.
Some motorists don't realize that their driving habits can be dangerous for cyclists. Drivers will learn to be more aware of cyclists after a Loud Bicycle horn is honked at them.
How it Works
The Loud Bicycle Horn is designed to sound just like a car horn. With both high and low notes it is even more perceptible than louder horns that only have a single note.
Honking with your thumb is easy and won't interfere with braking. The button attaches easily to either handlebar and the wire plugs into the bottom of the case.
The horns are easy to install but security bolts make it difficult to remove. The rechargeable lithium ion battery pack is light and powerful. With regular use, a single charge will last for 1-2 months.
- Water resistant, you can use it in the rain
- Loudness: 112 Decibels, like a typical car horn
- Pitch: Just like a compact car, low tone ~420 Hz,
high tone ~500 Hz
- Honk duration: up to 30 seconds straight, but please be respectful
- Batteries: Mini USB rechargeable, lithium batteries that will last 1-2 months
- Dimensions: 6x4.5x4 inches at its widest extent
- Weight: Less than 23 ounces
- Patent pending
More at http://www.loudbicycle.com/